BEEHIIV claims its product as “the most creator-friendly newsletters platform.”
Launched by: Benjamin Hargett, Jacob Hurd, and Tyler Denk
Launched in: 2021.
Goal of BEEHIIV: To help people build, grow, and monetize their newsletters.
Specialty of BEEHIIV : BEEHIIV has a wide functionality for landing page creation, blogging, and monetization, making it much bigger than conventional newsletter software.
Working Procedure of a BEEHIIV
Proceed to the link below and login/create an account to use the features:
After registering, on dashboard, users can see the portfolio of their Newsletters. Let us take a look at the below shown references to understand how exactly the user interface of the Beehiiv looks.
This is how the homepage of a Beehiiv looks like:
After Registering, the user can find the webpage in this manner:
On displaying the Dashboard, it looks this way:
The user can also find the insights of Active Subscribers, Subscriber Breakdowns and user signups past week:
- The dashboard is the overview of your efforts for the past 30 days.
- The user can see the number of active subscribers, the average open rate, and the average click rate also.
- The user can also see the most recent blog posts of other Beehiiv users in their dashboard.
The solutions to a few problems which can be solved by Beehiiv:
The Resources which can be utilized by a user with the help of Beehiiv are shown below:
This is how a basic functionality of a Beehiiv looks like. A user can create a basic account based on the above procedures.
Discussing the domain, whether it's a customized domain or a regular one, users are required to purchase Beehiiv's premium subscription. The premium subscription is available in the Pricing menu on the homepage.
User can also purchase it from the domains section.
Advantages of purchasing this premium account is that the User’s blogs will be in the light. All the other Beehiiv users, content creators etc., can notice the user’s blogs and posts more easily than a basic user.
Below is the Beehiiv subscription pricing:
Beehiiv Features to its users:
- Welcome emails for the new subscribers.
- Collaboration with team members
- Monetizing Newsletters
- Easy to import & export contents.
- RSS Feed
The above mentioned features are based on my observations, now let us look into the features individually:
- Welcome emails for the new Subscribers:
- Welcome mails are important and essential for building connections with audiences and other content creators.
- This welcome mail is the first email which is sent to anyone who joins the user’s email list.
- And these welcome mails are automated, so the user does not need to send them manually.
- This feature is free for all the users of the Beehiiv including the basic members.
- Collaboration with team members:
- The users are allowed to invite new team members and control their access to permit their team members to control their content.
- This helps to manage the newsletter smoothly.
- The following are the roles that the user can assign to their team members:
i. Company Administrator
ii. Company Member
iii. Publication Administrator
iv. Publication Member
- Monetizing the Newsletters:
- Monetizing is important and necessary for all the content creators and users.
- The email list is a tool that helps for monetization in Beehiiv.
- The users, being content creators, need to put their content behind a paywall and make it accessible to their subscribers who upgrade to paid plan only.
- Easy to import and export contents:
- Users can seamlessly upload up to 5000 subscribers, and if the email list exceeds the limit, the Beehiiv team will ask the user to contact their support.
- The contact team either helps the user to move their email list to Beehiiv or buy a premium plan.
- This can be done by downloading a list of subscribers in the CSV format from your existing email software and uploading it into Beehiiv.
- RSS Feed:
- RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication which is one of the latest features introduced in March 2022.
- With the help of an RSS feed, the user can display their posts published on Beehiiv on their own web pages.
- This tool can be helpful if the user doesn't host a blog on your website but still wants to display their posts elsewhere.
Beehiiv allows the users either to Publish their blogs right away or the users can also schedule their newsletters to be sent at a particular date and time. Beehiiv tool is free until the user reaches 2500 subscribers and once they cross the mark, they either have to shift to premium plan, or they have to stop their blog posting.
This is the basics of what a user must know about Beehiiv in order to use it and send newsletters.